A mineral processing facility owner developed a new process line for one of their products and retained Highlander to perform the detailed engineering for the system. The line consists of classifiers, a jet mill, dust collectors, screw conveyors, new compressed air system, air locks, bin activators, & silo modifications to accommodate the process. Highlander developed a series of layouts and options to minimize disruption to existing operations and project costs, performed detailed engineering (layout, structural, & fit-up), coordinated with equipment suppliers, and contractors.
- Preliminary & final layouts;
- Geotechnical investigation for propose building expansion;
- Piping arrangements;
- Compressed air system layout;
- Structural engineering of equipment support structures, new penthouse structures & strengthening of existing building elements;
- Coordination and value engineer activities with owner’s selected Contractor.